Winter Service Operations – Health and Safety Awareness
Book Winter Health and Safety Awareness Course
At a glance…
Training (with Assessment) Competence
Duration Notes: The expected duration for the course is one day, however please note this may vary according to factors such as level of experience, modules or attachments selected, or the ratio of Instructors to Learners.
Becoming proficient in health and safety awareness and the legislation associated with winter service operations is essential to operate winter service vehicles and equipment safely.
Overview in Brief
This course will equip you with the knowledge and understanding of health and safety awareness and the legislation associated with winter service operations, protecting both you and those around you.
The Finer Details
This training course has been developed to help you understand the health and safety requirements and legislation associated with winter service operations.
The amount of instruction you will require will depend largely upon your previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs. Course duration will depend on experience and will be from one to four days.
The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions, followed by assessment.
Course Sessions will Include:
- Winter Service Operations and the Law
- Machine and De-icing Material Knowledge
- Working Practices
- Machine Familiarisation
If successful in meeting the required standards assessed, you will be awarded a certificate of competence and can progress onto gain practical experience in the workplace and/or undertake practical assessment using your chosen winter service vehicle and equipment.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for you if you need to become proficient in health and safety awareness or renew your Lantra certificate.
What Will be Covered?
At the end of this course, you will have proved your ability to:
- State the key principles of the health and safety legislation relating to winter service operations
- Define the hazards associated with winter service operations and the appropriate control measures to reduce risks to health and safety
- Identify the range of vehicles and equipment used during winter service operations
- State the driving licence categories for the range of equipment used in winter service operations
- Identify the range of de-icing materials used during winter service operations
- State the organisational procedures for health, safety and welfare during winter service operations
- State the organisational procedures used to commence winter service operations
- State the organisational procedures used to communicate during winter service operations
- State the organisational procedures for requisitioning spreading materials and equipment used during winter service operations
- State the organisational procedures for emergency situations during winter service operations