Noel Kelly has been working in the area of PSCS since the Construction regulations SI 481/2001 were first introduced back in 2001 over 22 years, working on large scale developments and on off private builds and extensions. I can advise my contractors and sub-contractors on all their legal obligations and help you navigate through the build from design, build, and maintenance of your property.
Some of our PSCS Assist Projects
E+R Formwork Capital Docks
Coopers Cross Capital Formwork
FL Smidth Premier Periclase
The PSCS has a key role in coordinating the activities of all the contractors involved in a project.
The main duties of the PSCS are to:
- Develop and update the Construction Stage Safety and Health Plan.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Construction Regulations.
- Organise cooperation between contractors.
- Notify the HSA before work commences, if applicable.
- Coordinate the checking of safe work procedures and monitor compliance.
- Coordinate arrangements to ensure workers have SafePass and relevant CSCS cards.
- Coordinate measures to restrict entry to site.
- Coordinate the reporting of accidents to the HSA.
- Coordinate the appointment of a Safety Representative, when there are 20+ people on site.
- Appoint a Safety Advisor when there are 100+ people on site.
- Provide required safety file information to the PSDP.
Often, the PSCS will also be the main contractor for the project. For small and medium scale projects this can be very practical. For large or complex projects, the appointment of a specialist company as PSCS, facilitates very smooth project delivery. Even for small projects, the appointment of a separate PSCS can free up the main contractor to focus on site issues such as programme and quality.
During construction, good cooperation and coordination between the PSCS and PSDP is required. The PSCS has an active role in coordinating items such as Temporary Works Designs, temporary anchors and non-standard scaffolds. The PSDP has a significant role in ensuring that this temporary design work is communicated and coordinated with the permanent works designers