Book Health and Safety at Roadworks Course
Health & Safety at Roadworks Course Aim
This one day Health & Safety at Roadworks course is designed to train road workers to assist the Signing Lighting & Guarding card holder during the set up/implementation of a traffic management plan also for anyone who is involved in the development, organisation and management of roadworks on all road types so as to understand the risks to their own safety from passing traffic as well as the need to avoid creating dangers to road users.
Health and Safety at Roadworks Content
- The main course of legislation relating to safety at roadworks.
- The general legal considerations governing Safety, Health and Welfare at work.
- The duties of employers and employees ensuring a safe place of work. The concept of risk and the necessity for risk assessments. The source of authority to stop and direct road traffic.
- How to minimise the risk for site personal and general public.
- The requirements for personal protective equipment at roadworks.
- The order and set out of signage at temporary roadworks.
- Determining the correct control of traffic system for all roadwork conditions.
- The legal requirements for safe operation of plant and equipment involved at roadworks.
- The potential hazards involved in any excavation works.
- Dealing with materials, delivery, storage and handling.
- What constitutes an emergency. What to do and not to do.
Duration: 1 Day
Training Times: 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
Assessment: Theory and Practical Examination
Certification: On successful completion candidates will be awarded a FETAC Certificate and a CSCS Card.
Health & Safety at Roadworks Course requirements: One Passport Photograph, Safe pass course completed, PPS Number, PPE( personal protective equipment), i.e. Hard Hat, High Vis Vest, Steel Toe Capped Boots, Gloves.